Monday, December 3, 2007

The Flea Market in Santa Lucia

While walking around town with "los padres de Josue" Sunday I discoved two things. Almost everything I wanted to see in a shop or museum was closed. So go out early on Sunday or f'get about it. Sadly for you and me the flea market on Sundays in Santa Lucia is just about shopped out. None of the regular guys go there any more. Or at least not often. They have too many clients with all the new residents in town to sell trinkets in the park. Fortunately Ana Sabrina is still serving tacos though. Louisa was not there selling her hennequen bags, boxes and placemats but she usually is. Codice, my favorite craft store, was gone and replaced by another shop selling soap and gauzy dresses for fat old hippies. Well I'm pretty fat and pretty old and I'm a hippie too I guess but I don't need any diaphonous clothing thank you very much. We did see some nice tie-dyed dresses in the zocalo but it seems like there's nothing much to buy unless you want some soggy french fries and a T-shirt. Also the information center in the corner of Olimpio is gone too. What's a tourist to do???

No comments: